Enjoy the beautiful, wild, natural fabulous outdoors in a safe, physical distant camping experience.
Hire a WHOLE FIELD for only £50 a night
Get EXCLUSIVE USE of the WHOLE PLACE for only £250 a night
Contact us to book:
- Facebook messenger from our Ty Llwyd Fach page
- Ring Gwilym’s mobile 07787513984
- email us email@example.com
We have an incredible, wild, 20 acre farm in South Wales at the end of the M4 where wild Wales starts. Over the last 7 years, we’ve been managing the land to increase diversity and it’s a beautiful, secluded spot full of wildlife.
Post lock-down we need to make some money and think that hiring out an entire field is a great way to offer physically distanced camping. We’ve never offered any camping here before but it will generate some cash for us and also gives you the opportunity to get back to nature, safe in the knowledge that you won’t be in close contact with anyone else.
We have four fields, the facilities are very basic (compost toilets and hot water in a bucket!) but it really is great value, open air loveliness and a back-to-nature opportunity.
We’ll welcome you (at a distance), direct you to your field and then more or less leave you to it!
We don’t have much parking space, so one vehicle per field
The wild flower meadow
A dynamic, beautiful open meadow. Paths and camping pitches mown. It’s mowed in August/September – a changeable landscape. Beehives (don’t walk in front of them!) Some shaded areas. BBQ area.
Very close to parking space. Mown lawn paths with tall grass elsewhere. Will take a live-in vehicle.
A beautiful pear orchard with mown camping pitches and circles of wild flowers. A living willow dome – great for shade and for cozy campfires.
Close to parking spaces, reasonably level ground.
The willow circle field
A huge circle of weeping willows around a large fire pit.Small paths around the field which is being managed for wildlife.
70+ meter walk from car park. Reasonably level ground. Little daytime shade.
The butterfly meadow
Only available to hire when there aren’t ponies grazing it. Rare, unimproved wildflower meadow. Over the stream, it’s a distant, wild experience. Lizards, rare butterflies, shady woodland. Small campfire beneath the stars.
150+ meter walk across uneven ground, across small stream. Rough, tussocky ground. Carry what you need.
Info about amenities
- Water – There are no taps in the fields. will be brought to your field, there’s a tap in the courtyard if you need it.
- Toilet – compost toilets in each field.
- Bathing – warm water brought to your field.
- Re-cycling and waste – please be considerate. Bins provided in each field.
- Firewood – available to buy if you need it
- Health & Safety – there are water/sand buckets in each field & First aid kit in the courtyard (eg burns and cuts)
- How much? It’s £50 per night with a minimum 3 night booking.
- How many people can come? It’s limited to one vehicle per field – so however many you can fit in one vehicle.
- What about toilets? Each field has a toilet tent (or more if you want them) with a compost toilet. It is essentially pooing and weeing in a bucket. We use sawdust to cut out any smells and eventually use the compost on our fruit trees.
- What about bathing? There are private washing areas in each field. We will provide buckets of hot water to your field. It’s basic.
- Water access? We’ll provide water for washing and drinking but if you need more, there is a tap in the courtyard that you are welcome to use remembering appropriate distancing.
- Are we allowed fires? Yes – there’s campfire places in each field. We will provide a barrow-load and some kindling and we have wood available to buy if you need it.
- What exactly is socially distant? Your entire field is just for you. At a distance, we will direct you to your parking space when you arrive, show you to your field and more or less leave you to it. We’ll make sure you have enough water. If you need things like electric/fridge/etc, then there may be other folk also wanting to use them – we will negotiate safe agreements. Text or call us if you need anything else.
- Can I park next to my tent? You can in the wildflower meadow, in the others it’s a walk of between 10 meters and 150+ meters. We have wheelbarrows if you need them.
- Can I bring my camper-van/live-in vehicle? We can accommodate a camper van in one of the fields – the wildflower meadow.
- Can I have access to a fridge/microwave/electricity/phone charger? There is a fridge, freezer, microwave and plug sockets in one of the outbuildings – others may be using this building so normal distancing requirements are in place and will be clearly communicated.
- Is there indoor space? There are outbuildings but we can’t promise that they won’t be used by others so distancing procedures to be agreed.
- What if it rains? It’s Carmarthenshire so there may well be rain, there are various out-buildings but we can’t promise that others won’t have used them so agreement needed.
- Can we have a party? It’s fine to have songs around a campfire and as much booze as you can carry but we want you to respect the wildlife (no broken glass and rubbish). Any loud electronic music needs to end by 11pm.
- Can I bring dogs? Well behaved dogs are welcome if you can guarantee they won’t go into another field because that’s annoying for others. You must flick their poo into the hedgerow so it doesn’t upset future campers.
- Can I bring kids? Yes, children welcome. You need to be aware that there are many risks around the farm, including deep water in the pond.
- Can I hire more than one field or the whole place? Yes – For the whole place, it’s £250 per night, minimum 3 nights booking. This gets you exclusive use of the place and 6 parking spaces. Great value!
Get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.